5 Days to 15 Yards, Day 1
#5 Days to 15 yards challenge (without swinging a club or leaving your home)
Welcome to Day 1 of the 5 Days to 15 Yards Challenge. Here is what you'll receive everyday...
1. A brief overview of the focus and strategy for each day to help you CRUSH IT OFF THE TEE AND STAY PAIN-FREE
2. A self-assessment so that you know where you're starting as well as a way to re-assess after doing the drills and exercises
3. The drills or exercises that we recommend following in the same order that we present them
***REMEMBER*** This challenge gives you the opportunity to win, but it also gives you...
- More distance that makes your friends jaw's drop
- Less Pain during and after your rounds
- Not letting friends down for missing your tee time due to pain
- That "feeling" that we get when the ball lands center fairway WAAAAY out there
And with that, let the challenge begin...
Day 1: The Importance of the Toe Touch for the Golf Swing
Day 1: Toe Touch Assessment, ATTACK!, Re-assess
Don't want to listen to me ramble? Don't blame you...long story short is that a poor hip hinge strategy for set up leaves you susceptible to not being in a good power position and reducing efficiency of the swing.
Struggling to touch your toes? You may not be completely "tight" in the hamstrings like you thought you were. You may "feel tight" but are actually hiding a bigger issue. This program will tell us some information...don't push through pain.
Do this program in order and then re-test the assessment above to see any acute changes.
1. Leg Lowering on Wall
10-15 reps, each side
2. Pelvic Tilt in Golf Posture
10-15 reps with feedback, 2x/day
3. Hip Hinge with dowel, club, or broomstick
10-15 reps, 2x/day...keep spine in neutral position (tailbone, mid back, and head all stay touching) and push hips back as far as you can
4. Toes Elevated/Heels Elevated Toe Touch
10 reps with foot in each position, 2x/day
***Bonus Video*** The Reverse Toe Touch
That completes the 1st Day of 5 Days to 15 Yards. Make sure to re-assess your toe touch after attempting all of these and then save this link some place safe so you can access for future use!