5 Days to 15 Yards, Day 2
#5 Days to 15 yards challenge (without swinging a club or leaving your home)
Welcome to Day 2 of the 5 Days to 15 Yards Challenge. Here is what you'll receive everyday...
1. A brief overview of the focus and strategy for each day to help you CRUSH IT OFF THE TEE AND STAY PAIN-FREE
2. A self-assessment so that you know where you're starting as well as a way to re-assess after doing the drills and exercises
3. The drills or exercises that we recommend following in the same order that we present them
***REMEMBER*** This challenge gives you the opportunity to win, but it also gives you...
- More distance that makes your friends jaw's drop
- Less Pain during and after your rounds
- Not letting friends down for missing your tee time due to pain
- That "feeling" that we get when the ball lands center fairway WAAAAY out there
And with that, let's get into Day 2!...
Day 2: Understanding How To Add Power with Torso Rotation
Day 2: Torso rotation Assessment, ATTACK!, Re-assess
The key to generating effective energy transfer is the separation of the upper and lower half. In order to do this in the golf swing, we need to be able to isolate one on the other in space before it will become automatic when we swing. If you can't separate from your lower half (especially in the back swing) then you're body will likely move as one piece limiting power potential.
Do this program in order and then re-test the assessment above to see any acute changes.
1. Open Book Drill
10-15 reps, each side, focus on your breathing at end range and let gravity take you
2. Half Kneeling Open Book
10-15 reps, keep lower body quiet, 2x/day
3. Pelvic Assisted Torso Rotation on Wall
10-15 reps, 2x/day...keep golf posture with "sit bones" staying on wall at all times
4. Half Kneeling Lifts with Resistance
10 reps with half kneeling position each direction
That completes the 2nd Day of 5 Days to 15 Yards. Make sure to re-assess your torso rotation after attempting all of these and then save this link some place safe so you can access for future use!